After many months spent with a buggy version of Shootius, I finally took the time to debug it.
Thanks to Visual Studio’s cryptic error messages, it took me a while to figure out that in C++ when to do that in your .hpp :
static std::vector<Player*> playerList;
You have to declare it also in your cpp:
Because it is static.Coming from Java and C#, I didn’t find that very intuitive.
New release of my game !
Download Shootius 0.25 for Windows
– Changed resolution
– Working on 4 players mode
– Changed Life bars display
– Made the code cleaner and more dynamic as always.
– I screwed up the Wood Satellite weapon
– The score now displays in the Enemy Selected Life Bar
Arrow Keys – Move
Spacebar – Fire Shot
X – Elec Spark
C – Wood Satellite
P – Pause
Esc – Quit the game
Follow me on Facebook : RockMarc
Or on Twitter : @DebuggingWorld
Share if you like the content of this blog.